Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, December 1, 2008

Lily Ann meeting her PawPaw and Aunt Erika!

Well Lily Ann and I finally made it to Arkansas on Saturday night! We flew out of Tampa at noon and arrived in Little Rock a little after six! It was a very long day to say the least. Lily Ann is now considered "that baby" on the plane. Traveling alone with a 2 1/2 month old is the hardest thing I have ever done in my life, and I'm not lying! She did awesome on our flight from Tampa to Charlotte so I decided to grab something to eat in the airport and as soon as I got my food and sat down all of the sudden out of no where something evil took over my baby girl! LOL! She apparently wanted to eat right then and there and I couldn't get her bottle to her quick enough. Everyone was looking at me like I was some crazy mother. Non the less she ate and by the time she was done I wasn't hungry anymore! On the flight from Charlotte to Little Rock was a whole other story! We sat on the runway for about 20 minutes and then all of a sudden the evil attacked her again! HAHAHA!! The poor guy next to me was so sweet. I'm holding a screaming baby and trying to make a bottle so I said to him here hold this bottle while I mix everything. LOL! HE was such a good sport. Lily Ann ate and went to sleep for the whole flight except for the last 10 minutes when we were descending. Her ears were bothering her so I gave her a bottle with a little water which seemed to help! I couldn't get to Emily and Erika quick enough to pass her off! I was totally exhausted and so was she! Erika hadn't ever met Lily Ann before and it was love at first sight! We all went and ate dinner fed the baby and left for Fort Smith! We finally got home at 11 pm. Lily Ann and I had been traveling for 16 hours total and we needed bed! My hats go off to any parent traveling alone with a child!!

On Sunday morning we got up and headed to Ozark to see my grandfather, PawPaw! He has been waiting to meet Lily Ann! He has been really sick for a few weeks and all he wanted was to finally see her! We took the boppy so he would be able to hold her. She would just stare at him and grin and he couldn't do anything but smile back at her! She finally fell asleep in his arms and it was the sweetest thing ever! Lily Ann loves her PawPaw!! Here are some pics that we took. I've also added a pic of Lily Ann and Aunt Erika. I have the pic of when they first met but it's on my camera and my cord is back in Florida!! So I'll add those pics next week when Jacob gets here!

Lily Ann meeting her PawPaw for the first time!

Lily Ann loves her Aunt Erika!!

1 comment:

Amy and Jerry said...

I'm so glad to hear that you all made it safe and sound. Traveling with an infant is exhausting, and I had my husband with me! I can't imagine how stressed you were alone!

How great that your PawPaw got to hold a happy Lily Ann on Sunday. The pictures are precious!

Welcome back, and enjoy your stay during the Christmas season! Hopefully, we'll get to see you!