Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, November 28, 2008

Coming home to Arkansas!

Well we had a good Thanksgiving yesterday! Lily Ann, Luke, and I went to the station to have Thanksgiving dinner with Jacob since he was on duty. I finally got to talk to my grandfather last night and it seems he has taken a turn for the worse. He was diagnosed with Lung Cancer last year and it has actually gone away for the second time. Three weeks ago he fell in his carport and broke 3 ribs puncturing his lung. He has been in the hospital since. He's loosing weight and is now having trouble talking. He keeps asking when will he get to see his first Great-Granddaughter. Dad told him the other day that we would be home in 2 weeks (which was the original plan) but Lily Ann and I are flying out tomorrow. When Emily brought him some Thanksgiving Dinner he said that he needed it to last 2 weeks. Mom, Emily, and Erika said that he is very peaceful and is waiting on Lily Ann. Erika said she had always heard people talk about how some people hold out for certain things and now she understands! I am very excited about coming home and getting to see everyone, I just wish it was under different circumstances. We will be flying out of Tampa and into Little Rock, (since I didn't want to pay $1200 to fly into Ft. Smith from here..LOL) We will be staying until December 30th. Jacob will be driving home on the 9th with Amber! (What a sight that will be!) I'm very nervous about flying with Lily Ann by myself but I know that it will be okay! Please keep my family in your prayers and I look forward to seeing everyone soon!!

1 comment:

Amy and Jerry said...

We'll be keeping your family in our thoughts and prayers. If you happen to be at church on Sunday, we may see you there!

I'm sure Lily Ann will do great on the plane.