Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, December 5, 2008

Lily Ann's weigh in!!

Well so Lily Ann was supposed to go back to the doctor on this past Monday for a weight check up since she had only gained the 4 ounces over a month. So I've really noticed how she has really started to put on the weight. Her little legs are turning into chubby baby legs and her belly looks like she drinks a 12 pack of beer everyday!! LOL!! So I just know that she has actually gained weight and we have been trying to find a scale that we can weigh her on to find out! As many times as we have visited the hospital to visit my Grandfather you would have thought that we would remember to get her weighed but we always forget. So today Erika, Lily Ann, and I were up visiting my Mom and the ladies she works with, we were all talking about how we should get her weighed and I was saying how I need to get her on a scale that weighs pounds and ounces. Well I'm sitting there and then all of a sudden a light goes off in my head and I start laughing as I'm looking at my mother and say "Don't you guys have a postage machine in here the tells you the weight of items that you are shipping?" Mom laughing at me says "Yes, but it's very small and we can't lay her on it!" To which I respond "Well she can stand on it.Let's try it and see what it says!" So we proceed to the workroom and Mom turns on the machine as we are both laughing hysterically. I place Lily Ann up on the little scale, which is the size of a picture frame that holds a wallet. She puts her first foot down and for some reason keeps moving her other leg. We finally get her to stand up as I'm holding on to her. (By the way she loves to stand and is very good at it, of course with help!) By this point we are laughing so hard we can't see.. Finally Mom says "For some reason it's not giving the weight but if you want we can ship her First Class for $1.17" I lost it and couldn't stop laughing! I wonder how much insurance would be?? We have been laughing about it all day!! When Jacob called to check in on us I was telling him about it and I don't think I have ever heard him laugh so hard in my life! He said that we can ship her to him!! LOL!!

Here's some pics that Mom took of her the other day as I was giving her a bath!! Which she absolutely loves!!

2 comments:

Jeff, Sarah, Harrison, Avery and Elliott said...

Hi Erin~
I found your blog through Amy's. I love reading about you, Jacob, and Lily Ann! This story is priceless. I can totally picture it, I was laughing so hard that I was crying. I am so glad you all are doing well. I can wait to read more about your growing family.
Sarah (Richard) T.

Amy and Jerry said...

That's hilarious! I can picture you and your mom doing this...was anybody around witnessing this? I doubt anybody got any work done the rest of the day if they tried!