Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Lily Ann smiles for the first time!!

Wow!! What a very long weekend with Jacob on duty from Friday morning til Monday early afternoon!! I was pooped yesterday when he got off duty!! LOL!! Well exciting news, Lily Ann finally smiled on Friday! I was soo excited and sad because Jacob missed it as he was on duty!! I kept trying to take pictures of her smiling and didn't get any real good ones..We have been willing her to smile for 8 weeks now and finally she did!! I can't believe our baby is going to be 2
months old tomorrow.. Time really does fly!!
I couldn't get the camera to take fast enough for the full smile!!
She was sooo done with me trying to get the picture at this point!! (I think she was trying to tell me something..HAHA!)

Friday we just lounged around the house and Stephanie came by when she got off of work Friday night and hung out for a little while.. Saturday we lounged for the better part of the day and then I decided I really needed some adult interaction, so I had the girls(Stephanie, Kelsey, Kayleen, and Bonny) over Saturday night! We had the best time just sitting around talking and having a couple of cocktails after Lily Ann went to bed.. We are soo lucky that Lily Ann has slept through the night since she was about 3 weeks old.. She has her last bottle at 10pm and doesn't wake until around 6 am now.. On Sunday Bonny, Kayleen, Lily Ann, and myself went out to lunch and then went down to the station to see our husbands.. It took us an hour to get down there as wonderful "season" has begun!! (For those of you not familiar with "season" it's when all the older people from up north make their way down here for winter to escape the cold weather! And let me tell you, talk about stress for 5 months, I have never in my life met so many rude people, horrible drivers, and I had always thought that when walking in a crosswalk people were supposed to stop but down here they speed up, even when I have the baby with me in her stroller.. Needless to say I have had my fare share of arguments in the middle of a parking lot and inside the grocery store..LOL!!) So on Sunday everyone was trying to get to the beach (which there is only one way on and one way off)which is where the station is! We finally got there after an hour of sitting in traffic. Jacob had just sat down to feed Lily Ann when they got a case of a jet ski running circles with no one on it! So needless to say we went down there to see the guys for 5 minutes..LOL! Sunday night we headed down to Stephanie's for dinner and then to Bed Bath &Beyond for some employee shopping!! Overall it was a great weekend! I am very lucky to have such wonderful girlfriends who don't mind hanging out at home with me and the baby!!

Jacob had a Dr.'s apt. today with an Orthopedic about his knee and have decided to do surgery on January 9th. They are going to go in and scope his knee and clean it out! He has had trouble with it every since high school but it has become more of a problem over the past 2 years! We decided to wait until January because we will be going to Arkansas to spend Christmas with our families and wanted to wait until after the holidays!

Lily Ann is finally really fitting into her newborn clothes!!

Once again we were trying to get her to smile and we got this!! HAHAHA!! This picture says it all!! She will let you know when she's had enough and I think she has!!

No comments: