Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, November 14, 2008

Lily Ann's first shots!

Well yesterday went better than I thought it would! Lily Ann had her 2 month check up which included her getting her first round of shots! She did really good getting the shots, I had given her Tylenol after we got her weighed which helped out soo much! She had a harder time when the doctor checked her ears than when she actually got the shots!! After the doctor checked her ears I gave her to Jacob and she shot a look at the doctor with the look we always get when she's had enough.. We laughed soo hard!! I had Jacob hold her for the shots because I couldn't stomach it. When she was giving the first shot in her first thigh she let out a little cry, like she does when she's being changed and she doesn't want too. The second shot was basically the same. Jacob picked her up right away and she never cried! I thought I was going to puke, I asked the nurse if something was wrong because she didn't cry like I thought she was going to and she said no it's the Tylenol!! Thank the lord for Tylenol!! The nurse had told us to give her the Tylenol every 4 hours for 12 hours to keep her comfortable. I was thinking, oh no it's going to be a very long day and night, but she did great.. She basically slept all day and all night, until her normal feeding at 6:30 this am and then went back to sleep until 10:30, and woke up smiling and such a happy baby!
We did get some not so good news at the doctor yesterday.. It seems that Lily Ann had only gained 4 ounces since October 6th, which was the last time we were in!! She only weighs 7lbs. 9oz. Last time we were in we were over feeding her and now we were under feeding her.. I was very frustrated yesterday when we found this out! I had tried to up her ounces by 1/2 an ounce but it was making her very gassy and fussy so I bumped it back down! We also thought she was fine because she was eating her 3 ounces every 4 hours and was completely full after each feeding and never cried so I thought she was content, but apparently not! We now have her on 4 ounces every 4 hours and have to mix in rice cereal in her formula to get her to fatten up!! Here we were thinking yeah I bet she weighs over 8 lbs. now but we were wrong.. She is a very petite little girl.. Her pictures make her look soo much bigger than she is.. In all her pictures she looks like she has just the chubbiest cheeks ever and that's not the case!! LOL!! My girlfriend had her baby last week and she weighed more than Lily Ann does now and she's 9 weeks old today!! LOL!! We go back to the doctor in 2 weeks for a check up on her weight and I'm determined to get her to gain as much as I can!!

1 comment:

Amy and Jerry said...

Definitely don't stress out! She'll get that weight up in no time flat, and then she'll be outgrowing all of her clothes, and you'll have to do more "weekly" shopping trips to Target!! She is beautiful, Erin. I'm anxious to hear how she likes the cereal with her bottle!