Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, June 22, 2009

We are moving!!!

Yes we finally heard on Friday(Sorry I'm just now getting around to posting!) that we will be moving next month to California! I can't believe we are moving to California. Jacob and I have always said that we could never imagine ourselves living there. Never say never right!?! We are excited though. Lily Ann's Godparents are going to be less than 45 minutes away from us and Jacob's old boss is going to be his boss again..(Which we are excited about!) I'm starting to freak out a little because that is a very long way to California with a dog and a baby! No worries though we are going to make 2 trips out of it.. We will be leaving Florida and driving to Arkansas for a couple of weeks then we will head out to California. This next station is going to be very different from this one. Jacob is going to actually be on the new Homeland Security Cutter out of Alameda. At this station he stands duty 2 on and 2 off with duty every other weekend . Going out to California he can be gone as long as 4 months at a time! It is going to be very hard on him having to leave LA behind and I am not looking forward to this. We are going to miss him so much but we will make it through! I know God has a plan for us and this is what He wanted for our family! I mean seriously who can say that they lived in Florida and California..Not too many people! Please keep our family in your prayers as we start this new transition in our lives!!

We took a video of LA earlier Jacob was asking her if she wanted to be a California baby and here is her response..HAHAHA!! (I think we may be in trouble!!) She did say no to the boat and ended up loving every minute of it!!

3 comments:

God, My Savior Forever! said...

You're prob going to be surprised but you've found someone who has..ME! I grew is Florida, lived in Orlando for 16 yrs until we got married in 2004. I moved in with him to TN where he was stationed and then got others to come to Cali. We've driven accross from Florida to Cali...and with a big dog too. You're right....not many people can claim to have lived both fathest east and farthest west. I had alot of anxiety at first, new place, new people, new church, new everything. And this meant being miles and miles and miles away from my fam who is still back in Florida. We've been here 4 1/2 yrs now, my hubby's an army recuiter and honestly I've really enjoyed it:D Cali has alot to offer oh and no humidity if anything it's once in a blue moon and very little. We live in Fresno, CA. It is more expensive out here but it's nice.

Funny because we are looking to moving. Like you, I am a lil nervous because my hubby is going back out to infantry = mostlike deployment. Something I haven't experienced yet. I feel that our lives could possibly change drastically in the near future as in not seeing each other for at least 1 yr. It sounds hard BUT I fixing my eyes on the Lord who will give us the strength that we would need to get through it and maybe even become a stronger marriage! Our future is a big blue right now since we don't know where or exactly when we're moving (we guesstimate something this summer) But God will never leave us or forskae us so I know that we are in good hands. I am blown away to see how you and I seem to be going through very similar things. Nothing happens by chance:D I felt a sense of relief as I read your post to know that I'm not the only weirdo going through this lol. It's called the military life. Alemada is north of us I beleive...not too far. Let me know if you need info...I might be able to help:D

God bless you guys!

Susan@-)----

God, My Savior Forever! said...

We are also dealing with infertily..have been for 3 yrs now. We know in our hearts though that God has a plan and that He will bless us with our beautiful children!

THE MAGNESS FAMILY said...

CONGRATS AND GOOD LUCK! I AM HAPPY FOR YOU