Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

WOW!! I can't believe it's my first actual Mother's Day!! I have waited so long for this day and it couldn't have been better.(Well actually it could have if Jacob wasn't on Duty all weekend down in Marco Island!) I have always wondered what it was like to actually be a Mommy on Mother's Day and let me tell you there were a few tears shed today, all happy tears of course, I was a little sad that Jacob didn't get to spend the day with us but I couldn't have asked for a better way to spend my day than with my closest girlfriends!! (Our friend Kayleen is having a baby in August and they, along with everyone else, are transferring out at the end of the month.. So we planned a surprise baby shower for her!! I made a wonderful sausage and egg casserole, Kelsie brought a fruit tray, and Bonny and Stephanie got her a red velvet cake!!(YUMYUM!)) Bonny brought me some beautiful flowers and a card which made me cry!! So sweet!! Then when Kayleen and her husband walked in the door and she saw what we were actually doing she started to tear up and so did I! I can't wait for her to finally become a Mommy.. I can't wait for her to feel the way I feel about Lily Ann when Tucker finally makes his debut! To know that you have tried for years to have a baby of your own and when they finally arrive the overwhelming joy that fills your heart is indescribable. Jacob and I waited so long for God to bless us with this perfect little girl that is our daughter. She is definitely worth all of the let downs that have led us to today!

As I fed Lily Ann tonight I was thanking God, thanking Him for my beautiful baby girl, the one thing that I have waited all my life for! I let her fall asleep in my arms tonight instead of putting her to bed. Right before she fell asleep she put her hand to my check smiled (as if to say, Mommy I love you!) then she shut her big beautiful blue eyes. I held her for about 10 minutes just watching her sleep and thinking "how did I get so lucky?" So lucky to have a wonderful, caring loving husband whom together we have created this perfect little life(I may not be saying she's perfect when she's 2!..LOL!!) I could not ask for more as a Mother!


To My Mom:
Thank you so much for everything that you have done for me, Jacob, and Lily Ann! I am very proud to call you my Mom! You are the most generous, loving, devoted woman I know. I can only hope that Lily Ann will look up to me the way I look up to you! I am truly blessed to have you as my Mother!! Happy Mother's Day!! I love you!!
To My Mother in Law:
I am so lucky to have your son as my husband! I could not ask for a better caring, more loving, and wonderful husband/father. He is truly a wonderful husband and father! The reason he is that wonderful man is because of you. The values that you have taught him throughout his life. Thank you for everything that you have done for us we are truely thankful! Happy Mother's Day.. I love you!!

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Oh my goodness....I think I shed a few tears myself reading this post. Isn't being a mommy the BEST!! :)