Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, February 13, 2009

What a way to start off Friday the 13th!!

This will be a very quick blog seeing that I only have a few minutes before my lil stinker wakes from her nap! So everything started out great this morning. LA actually slept in til almost 9 am which was great! I got up changed her, called my mom, made her bottle, feed her, and put her down to play. (This is our normal routine in the mornings!) I was on the phone with one of my girlfriends catching up while LA was playing in her piano bouncer thing! I noticed that she was starting to get fussy and it was just about nap time so I quickly hung up the phone picked her up and immediately smelled a poopy diaper, which isn't uncommon this time of day, only it was a lot stronger than usual! Still didn't think any differently but when I picked her up it was wet on my arm! I'm thinking " it must have come out of your diaper a little bit no big deal." "No big deal!" So I lay her on her changing table, pull her feet out of her pjs and push it under her. I open the diaper and it looked normal to me and I didn't see anything on her legs where I thought she may have leaked out! Not until I lifted her chunky legs up and pull the diaper out from under her did I see the explosion!! "No big deal!?!" "OMG!!!" completely up the back, all over the changing table. I was in shock! I quickly started pulling out wipes left and right.. Trying not to vomit all over my child! Cleaning her as quickly as I could put another diaper on her (in case there were more to come!) put her in her crib, started the bath so I could scrub her down! Called my mom because I didn't know what to do with the Pj's...hahaha!! Needless to say she got scrubbed down put in fresh clean clothes, sheets on the bed, because she was only cleaned off with wipes when I put her in there and hadn't had her bath yet! She went right down for a nap and I disinfected anything she had come in contact with.. Took the toys off the crib, scrubbed her bath seat, changing table, bouncer seat, and bleached out the sink where I washed her pjs out!! I must say I knew the day would come and I figured it would have already came but hey what can I say!! One explosive diaper in 5 months isn't bad!! Next time I will know exactly how to execute my plan..LOL!!

No comments: